You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

interactive pdf with form fields

I have a dream, a dream that some day soon Affinity will create something amazing, something like the old software "LiveCycle Designer" but so much better.

I have a hope that will come with Update 3 or sooner. Heck it might even be a separate package that will do everything we need to escape the Adobe Acrobat Pro (etc.) Prison we are all so tired of being trapped in.

• 3 weeks later...

When I design an interactive form I do it in Affinity Designer or Publisher and then add the fields in Acrobat Pro. When it comes to revisions it is easy to import the changed PDF into the older one – single pages or full document – and then fix some differences. This unfortunately requires Acrobat Pro which is rather costly – but it’s a tool I always need for preprint control.

Thanks for reading.

................................................................................
macOS 10.13.6 | MacBookPro | 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 | Affinity Suite

1 hour ago, elk said:

When I design an interactive form I do it in Affinity Designer or Publisher and then add the fields in Acrobat Pro. When it comes to revisions it is easy to import the changed PDF into the older one – single pages or full document – and then fix some differences. This unfortunately requires Acrobat Pro which is rather costly – but it’s a tool I always need for preprint control.

Yes that's an option.
However, I opted to close the 'Chapter Adobe Software'. Its why I went to Affinity suite in the first place.
Its pretty unfortunate that we have to go through many of such sidesteps to make such interactive forms.

To get rid of these extra steps it would be really nice if Serif could implement such feature in Affinity Publisher.
I think this is a long open request that's still due to be implemented, hope to see this request moving up the priority list.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...