Sign in to follow this  
Mikko

Pen Tool & Sharp corners

Hi

I haven't been able to figure out how to create a sharp corner with the Pen Tool.

(See picture).

Can you guys help me out: What are the settings for the Pen for making such a corner?

Thanks!

-M

post-7889-0-00084800-1425714991_thumb.png

Hi.

Thank you.

I still can't figure out hot to create such a sharp corner like in the image I sent earlier. Option/alt which you suggested did not do the trick....

Do you have Miter Join (the third icon in the Join section) selected in the stroke panel? You may also have to adjust the Miter value on the right of the panel to a bigger number.

Can you post an screen capture of what you're are doing so i can see what's going on?

hey guys, 

I really suck using the pen tool in AD..is there any specific tutorial about it? I'd like to master it because I feel like a total noob..

thanks!

I was looking for the same solution online and couldn't find one that could help me but i eventually found one that helped me create sharp edges. Below I've attached the screenshots that helped me get sharp edges using the pressure point.442547875_Screenshot(14)_LI.thumb.jpg.69696665453d4086a834098acea98665.jpg2045594824_Screenshot(15)_LI.thumb.jpg.ca19ddbe76aef8a469fe8c508f905fdd.jpg

Click on the pressure box.

1481725146_Screenshot(16)_LI.thumb.jpg.eb9b9e92c34063b6dcd78c5991d2a11e.jpg

Move the pressure point to see the effect.

245780951_Screenshot(17)_LI.thumb.jpg.4f7a5e02aee1d831961091f940fd2fe9.jpg

Move the left pressure point to make the start point sharper and vise versa. You can add more pressure point by clicking on the line to adjust the sharpness according to your need.

Hope this helps everyone who is looking to learn on making the edge sharp using the pen tool.