You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I recently logged on to my computer (Win 10 PC) to find that the shortcut for my Affinity Designer program was not appearing properly. When attempting to run the program, it remarked that files for the software could not be found. Fearing the files may have somehow been corrupted, I re-downloaded the software and launched the program as an admin. Upon opening, a message appeared informing me that the Product Key was Invalid, after which the program closed out. Following this, I went all the way back to the original emails I was sent from Affinity upon my purchase, and from there I downloaded the software again using the link they had provided for me. Installation of the software gave me the option of removing the previously existing files or repairing them, so I clicked on repair. After this was completed, I launched the program again, only to find the same message informing me that my Product Key was Invalid. 

Can someone please provide assistance on how to fix this issue, as I am in the middle of several projects that I would like to have completed in a timely manner.

Until support replies you.... In your shoes I'd uninstall completely. Then install, try the number again. If wouldn't work, I know how to edit the Windows registry safely, I'd surely find my way there to fix it. If you don't know a lot about it, is more dangerous to try than anything. I post it just in case you count on someone -or your self, to deal with it- in case the full uninstallation wouldn't work, and mostly, if support can't contact you in time (I'm reading that they are very at full , right now).

I dunno how they do the thing, internally. With other companies, the second download, if you made a second purchase, could have generated a second key... But I don't have a clue about how they do it. I've purchased Photo for Windows today, casually, and it all went smooth...

They attend the forums pretty well, even in these times of maximum pressure of releases. So, keep following this thread tomorrow, you probably will get a nice reply soon.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11.