You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changing Brush Size Affinity Designer

Hi,

I have two issues with brush sizes in Affinity (both Photo and Designer)

1) every time I change brush in Photo or Designer, the size changes back to its original setting. Let's say I need to switch between four different brushes and I need them all to be smaller than original settings. Query: How do I switch between various brushes (in the same set) AND keep the size pre-added to the same value but different from the original value? Please note I wish to avoid creating new brushes only because of that, because that would quickly become unmanageable and actually result in more extra steps than changing the size every single time I switch between the brushes.

2) Whenever I change the size of a brush (the Width in the upper left), the indication of which brush I am currently using disappears. It is really hard to keep track of my tools if I cannot see which one is selected. It looks like the program no longer recognizes the type of brush chosen from the set if any of its parameter is temporarily changed. This applies to any of these: width, hardness, opacity... This problem occurs both on system pre-added brushes and newly imported ones in Photo and Designer alike. I am using Mac OS Catalina, Mac Pro 13 inch 2017. Pictures of this issue attached below.

Screenshot_2021-03-23 10.47.45_lKB5od.jpg

Screenshot_2021-03-23 10.48.17_lpXW4g.jpg