You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Shutterstock eps appears pixelated

Affinity? Designer or Photo

Sounds more like you are opening a JPG or there is no Vector data in the file.

I've just opened one of my Shutterstock EPS files In Photo and it is Rasterised (Pixelated) so I'm assuming you have Affinity Photo. In Affinity Designer It opens as a Vector file.

Affinity Designer 
1660714220_ScreenShot2018-07-01at08_31_20.thumb.png.2f2a65d51a1e753b32f98c834a618000.png

Affinity Photo 
2094433987_ScreenShot2018-07-01at08_32_29.thumb.png.fa1d7fe4c56db24ebda04adddf78b3e9.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Try downloading as a PDF.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

7 hours ago, John234556 said:

Affinity Designer. It only allows me to download as a vector or jpeg. 

An EPS should open as a vector file in Designer and not be pixelated, I have multiple EPS files and they all open as vectors, not rasterised.

You can use shutterstocks editor to export to JPG, PNG, TIFF and PDF, Although having just tried it doesn't do a very good job as it looks like it rasterises the image regardless of format, so you end up with something more akin to a PNG file with no edibility for the vector components, It also has a checkbox to save the original image which I would have thought would include the vector but it actually includes the JPG, very disappointing from shutter stock.

The reason I suggested PDF is because Affinity uses the PDF portion of the file in such files as Ai, EPS and obviously PDF.

Without looking at one of the downloaded files, it's difficult to know what more to say. The MODS have access to a secure dropbox location so if one of them see's this post like @MEB they can take a look, I have no way of accessing the file unless you load it to this post which is probably not a good idea with a paid for product.

As a side note do you have any other apps that will open EPS files and if so how does the file/s open in that app? (If not take a look at Inkscape)

Screenshot to show what is happening or how it looks.