You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am currently watching a tutorial on developing RAW files but when I load the RAW file the unit to the right of the picture is not the same as the unit which comes up in in the tutorial. I am running Affinity ver: 1.6.4.104. Is the tutorial I am watching for a different version? The first picture attached is my screen, the other is the tutorial screen. as you can see the boxes to the right containing the histograms are different. Can anyone explain, please?

2018-06-25 16_06_40-Create New Topic - Affinity _ Forum.png

2018-06-25 16_09_36-(25) Raw_ Discover Develop (Affinity Photo) - YouTube.png

• Staff

Hi Trev B,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
The image you have in your screenshot is being opened in Photo Persona rather than Develop Persona as in the tutorial screenshot. What's the file/format of the image you are opening (camera model) and how are you opening it - sending it from a third party app, opening the file directly in Affinity Photo using File ▸ Open..?

Only RAW files open directly in Develop Persona. Processed images (JPG, PNG, TIFF etc) open in Photo Persona by default.

Hi MEB, thank you so much for your reply, my camera model is a Canon EOS 1300D and I am opening the file from Affinity File open. The original file was taken from a 128gb sd card. It is plainly obvious that I am very new to Affinity and need all the help I can get. Your information regarding Photo and Develop Persona clears up my question but I am guessing from your question regarding camera model and file opening that there is something more I should know? Any further information would be gratefully received.

• Staff

Hi Trev B,
Your camera model is already supported by our RAW engine (list here) so you shouldn't have any issues. I'm assuming you are not opening the file directly from the SD card. If so, copy it to the desktop or to a folder on your computer first and open from there using the File ▸ Open... command. It should open in Develop Persona.

We do not recommend editing files directly from external drives/cards/NAS (network drives/storage) and cloud synchronised folders as this may lead to lost of work/data due to loss of connection or files changes (in synchronised folders). Affinity apps don't load the whole file to memory for performance reasons and require a permanent connection/access to the file to ensure incremental saves/changes work properly.