You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello, it appears that when I attempt to change the stroke style of a curve to dashed, the affect does nothing to the curve and it continues to stay a solid line. I attempted this in a new clean document and it worked fine so it's clearly something I've changed just on this particularly document but I am unable to find anything. Anyone experienced this before? Anyone know how to fix it?

Does your line have a pressure profile applied?

AD will not currently allow a pressure curve and dashes, and unfortunately there is no warning about this, the dashes simply don't work!

If it isn't this, perhaps you can attach your file, so we can take a look.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

• Do you have the circle layer selected?
  • Is the dashed line set to something like 1 - 2 - 0 - 0 (See example below.)
  • Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo 

396751217_ScreenShot2018-06-19at07_08_26.thumb.png.fad086ee9cde9c318eda59450598ec7c.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

If, as @Aammppaa think, a pressure is applied on the line, you can duplicate it, put the line of the copy in full line, apply the desired pressure. Then create a mask by dragging the dotted line to the right of the thumbnail of the solid line (blue vertical rectangle).

Pression_pointillés.gif

• 3 years later...
On 6/18/2018 at 6:45 PM, Aammppaa said:

Does your line have a pressure profile applied?

AD will not currently allow a pressure curve and dashes, and unfortunately there is no warning about this, the dashes simply don't work!

If it isn't this, perhaps you can attach your file, so we can take a look.

This is correct solution reset the pressure curve by long pressing one of the circles and the click reset. Note: there should only be 2 circles in total on the pressure curve, one either end.  For more clarification use the “?” In the upper right hand corner of the main menu when u first open the app after the title art work. ( I’m using an iPad ). Best of luck with your projects