I am in the process of switching from a pc to a mac.  I have always used Serif Draw Plus for my designs, but now have to switch to Affinity on the mac.  I can not figure out how to open and edit my work from Draw Plus into Affinity.  I have tried converting the files to SVG, PNG, and JPEG but I can never edit the pictures.  Please help me figure this out. 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @katielamour. :)

PNG and JPEG are raster/bitmap formats, so they are not suitable for the transfer of vector drawings that you want to edit. SVG, on the other hand, should generally work fine; PDF is another possibility.

What happens when you open one of your SVG exports in the Affinity app (which I’m guessing is most likely to be Designer)? In particular, what do you see in the Layers panel?

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

1 hour ago, katielamour said:

I can never edit the pictures.

Can you be more specific about that?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta