You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello everyone

i'm currently working on making my workflow with affinity products to be as fluid as it can so i won't mind not having other products installed.

i know Designer and Photo use the same file format and i've learned about the place tool etc... but here is my need:

Case:

in Past days, using Adobe Products, i could prepare an A4/A5 Canvas on inDesign the work on my photo with PS then all vectors with Ai and when all is done just place them on my inDesign, adjust and if any change i want to do, i just right click on the stuff (picture or vector) select Open/Modify with, select the right software, do necessary changes there click Save come back to inDesign and see all changes Synched.

i've tried to do that with Affinity products but up to now, i can't get the updated file synched after i have made changes and Saved the whole thing; it's just stays as it was the minute i placed it; so; maybe i'm missing something here on how to team them and use as efficient as i would do with Ai+PS+iD.

Thank you all for your inputs.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

• Staff

Hi Arnaud Mez,
.afdesign/.afphoto files embedded in other affinity documents (using File ▸ Place or dragging them top the canvas of other documents) don't get updated automatically when the original (external) files are changed/updated. This is what linked files will allow (they will be introduced with Affinity Publisher). Currently you have to double click the embedded afdesign/afphoto objects on canvas to open them in a new document tab and update them there. Changes made this way will be reflected on the original document where the files where embedded in.

Alternatively don't embed any files at all. Create the document in the program you want to, then when you need to add anything from other program just go to menu File ▸ Edit in Photo/Designer (depending on the program you are currently using) to send the document to that program. Switch back when you need to.

@MEB so fast, so helpful !

I then have to waith for APub to be released.
Whoooooo .... what a long waiting !!!!

... I trust you guys will deliver good for us to improve even better.
Also, please don't just copy or make it the way Adobe or other will/would do but make it original the same way you did with the Fill Tool (not calling it Gradient tool) making it more functional and not just a tool to use.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3