I would find it very helpful if I could call up a font list with a RMB and subsequently roll through choices for some selected text.  

The location of the font menu to the far left of the workspace is a bit tedious at times.  

Why not just display the Character panel (default shortcut Ctrl+T on Windows or Cmd+T on Mac) and scroll through the font list there?

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Because that just places it on the right side and requires as much mousing.  I could tear off the menu as well but still it's more mousing to move it, find it, click it, scroll it.  

Mine is about two thirds of the way across the screen, so I must have moved it at some point! Once you've floated a panel and moved it to a convenient position, it should stay put until you move it again (or reset the Studio). However, it might be nice to have a right-click option to display the Character panel at the cursor.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

And I thought we were discussing your request! As you can see, you've managed to persuade me that right-click access to the font list would be a handy feature. Now all we need to do is persuade the developers to agree that it's worth implementing in the near future. :)

Alfred online2long.gif