Sign in to follow this  
gabriel_komorov

[Designer] Many objects + snapping = lags

Basically what title says - if there's many objects and snapping is enabled for anchors/boundaries then moving any object is very laggy.

I get that calculations for all those snap points must be done and that takes power, but some optimization in this area is necessary, as I never experineced such behavior in other vector drawing apps.

Also I find snapping dialog and it's options too messy - why not stick just with objects and page/layout? Or at least give us option for easy switch between presets

Hi gabriel_komorov,

There's a preset dropdown on the top of the Snapping Manager where you can choose from a couple different presets and even create/save your own using the small menu icon in front of the dropdown on the right. All those options are there to help with different types of uses/applications - not all users require the same type of control. Check this Help topic (scroll down a little) for an explanation of what all these options do. Usually constraining the scope of the snapping or disabling a few options helps to avoid the lag/beach-balling.