You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color correction - Under tones

Here is a screen grab, the colour sliders says to me, adjust image in RAW upon opening image.

However these colour levels when adjusted change the image to B/ W only i think ?

Is their a place where i have not looked at, that is the same as this where by I click a button and can adjust colours on this page ? (While at RAW level, see top left of image.)

I only ask as their is a B/W button you need to select, or if you touch the color sliders your change it to B/W which is what the button does in the first place. 

So maybe i have seen it all incorrectly, please advise.

Hopefully my question is clear enough ?

If not do ask please.

Regards Rob 

FE18B406-4700-4B6E-BBD3-91F463C221BC.jpeg

Hi Rob,

The button performs a default B&W conversion. The sliders allow for different tonal effects in the b&w converted image. You can edit colour 'tones' and saturation levels in raw using curves and split toning for example. But no individual colour sliders.

Also, check out James Ritson's excellent tutorial on RAW editing.  Linked below, then scroll down to RAW editing.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Thank you for the answer DM1, that’s a real shame, as to be able to control the individual colours like this would be a huge advantage in RAW images.

Wonder why go to all the trouble of sliders for B/W but not colour ?

It be great to see a select B/W or colour where the current button is and allow the user to choose.

Many thanks for the video links, i have watch before the RAW method approach, its ok but maybe i missing aa trick.

If i compare to PS for a moment, in RAW i have the sliders to make adjustments here, as AP has these sliders for B/W at RAW stage, may i suggest implement the same for colour in AP.

Regadrs Rob