You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Possibly a bit of a niche question but I'm an archaeological illustrator and the only obstacle I can see to moving my Illustrator workflow over to Affinity is the drawing of hachures. I've created a single hachure image in the image library, and whilst it's really simple to apply and adjust, the fat end of the hachure projects a little beyond the baseline from which it projects and I need it to start from the line itself (see attached screen grab). I'm assuming that I've made an error in the way I've created the image but for the life of me I can't work out how to correct this. Any ideas gratefully received.

post-7003-0-83160500-1424179120_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi Giles,

Have you got your lines set to have a cap? You need to select the lines and choose 'Butt cap' (the middle option) and then they should no longer extend.

EDIT: Incidentally, it's worth noting that you could achieve the same effect with a simple pressure curve applied to a solid vector line - it keeps everything as vectors, which is nice, and can be saved in the pressure profile editor to apply to other lines later :)

Hopefully that's the solution :)

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid that I've only managed to create an image brush so far. I've tried to create a basic hachure in the brush editing panel but without success, am I looking in the wrong place? Sorry to be such a dullard, I've not had much spare time to go through things in detail.