You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Good afternoon,

It's strange no one answers my question on this forum. Maybe someone sees my topic here and answers my simple question. I want to make a frame around my picture like this http://www.plantennamen.info/beekpunge-veronica-beccabunga

In the passed I used Photoshop. I just resized my picture and made the canvas 5 px bigger. Because the Photoshop app of Apple was a big mistake I am thinking of buying this beautiful program. But only if I can make a simple frame.

Regards, Maarten

• Staff

Hello quantz,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Sorry about the delay replying to you.

Here's a quick way to do it:

- Create a new layer (it will be used to fill with the colour you want for the frame)

- go to Document -> Resize Canvas... and add the value you want for the frame size to both fields (for example 50px to both width and weight which translates in 25px around the image) - currently you have to press Enter for Affinity to accept the values

- set both Anchor values to Middle and press Resize

- fill the layer you just created with the colour you want

If you just want to add a thin line around the image:

Select the image layer in the Layers panel a give it a stroke with the width you want. You may also want to align the stroke to Outside from the Stroke width panel so it doesn't cover the image.

• 11 months later...

This post was Feb 2015    Old!    And did not work for me.    How about an updated description that will work today, Thur FEB 4th, 2016

Quote:  go to Document -> Resize Canvas... and add the value you want for the frame size to both fields (for example 50px to both width and weight which translates in 25px around the image) - currently you have to press Enter for Affinity to accept the values

- set both Anchor values to Middle and press Resize

- fill the layer you just created with the colour you want

If you just want to add a thin line around the image:

Select the image layer in the Layers panel a give it a stroke with the width you want. You may also want to align the stroke to Outside from the Stroke width panel so it doesn't cover the image.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.