You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have some third party plugins in Photoshop that I want to move to Affinity Photo. there are presently in the plugins folder in Photoshop. If I remove Photoshop they will be gone. How do I move them to a place where they will stay in Affinity.? I presently have them showing in the plugins folder under filter.

Hi,

first make a copy of your PS plugins folder (in)to some other temporary folder. You maybe also want to make for security reasons, in order to not loose any stuff here, a backup of that folder to an USB stick or external disk. - Then take a look at the AP "Using plugins" help descriptions and try to follow them!

Further take a look at these Affinity Photo: Plug-ins Support overview in order to see which plugins might work at all or not here!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• Staff

Hi jak,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm not sure the plugins will be uninstalled. I believe the plugins folder will remain there even if you uninstall Photoshop. If that's the case you don't have to do nothing - Affinity Photo will still find them no matter if Photoshop remains installed or not. In any case do create a backup copy of the Plugins folder as v_kyr suggested, then, if Photoshop does remove the folder: recreate the original Photoshop folders (path) manually and copy the plugins folder to inside it (make sure the path is exactly the same as it was originally) -  you don't have to touch Affinity Photo's Photoshop Plugins Preferences to set it up again since the path for the plugins remains exactly the same. Also any uninstallers included with the plugins will still find the files there.