You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

All the praises and salutations to Serif for marvelous software.

From my point of view, editing paths (curves) while drawing with pencil tool is a must! In the same category, editing the drawing sensibility (fidelity) goes hand-to-hand with that request.

In conclusion, it is not possible to illustrate organic (complex) shapes without editing the path.

Below are the examples of my work from Illustrator. I had to edit the illustration tens of times before reaching the final shape. Needles to say, it wouldn't be possible without editing the selected path.

20171124_121601.jpg

20171124_122317.jpg

20171124_122354.jpg

20171124_122552.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Bumped. I would like more people to see this. So far, all tutorials regarding use of AD are regarding pen tool and it's typical click by click (straight lines) kind of workflow. I haven't seen anything like what I'm doing. Maybe there is already a way to achieve organic look.

7 hours ago, Fixx said:

Have you tried pressing CMD-key while using pen tool? It should allow you to edit placed nodes.

Sure, I can edit placed nodes, one by one....I illustrated that situation in the images, I have free hand drawings with hundreds if not thousand nodes, and I can't edit all of them manually.

Edited by Mandu
spelling

• 3 months later...

Bump.

In case people don't understand what editing path/curve means, it means re-drawing the line, drawing new line/curve/path and replacing the existing one by simple reshaping the existing path.

I'm curious about how many people do vector illustration here? I can't believe I'm the only one who needs to edit the path for intuitive, natural drawing. Please look at the illustrations from the OP where you can clearly see that editing vertex/point on the path is virtualy impossible due to having too high number of points. You can't expect me to click on each of the 2000 points seperately and manually reposition them....So editing the path/curve instead of manually editing each point is the only way I could illustrate complex shapes as shown above..

How hard could it be to implement this? Can this be moddable somhow?