You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I create a macro of my own, and apply it to a camera raw file that I've opened and developed, it works fine. However, when I try to apply that macro, or any macro for that matter in a batch process, it over exposes the file to an unusable point. Even simply batch processing a raw file to a TIFF or any other kind of file, without a macro, over exposes the photo. It seems as though the photos need to be developed, then batch processed...? Is this true and how can I process my raw files like he does in the videos?

• Staff

Hi austin5091,

When the file is developed through a batch job, Affinity Photo uses its default settings for the RAW conversion/development and then applies any macro you have selected. When you apply a macro to a RAW that you already have converted/developed in Develop Persona you are working with a image developed with your own settings (not the defaults) thus the difference between the two.

If you batch process a RAW file and save it as as TIFF (or whatever format) the default settings will be used, however the result should be overexposed. Which camera/model are you using? To which videos are you referring to specifically?

Referring to the batch processing and batch processing with macros video tutorials, he uses raw files with a macro and they come out fine. I am using a Canon T5 and trying to batch process with a custom macro and save as TIFF. How can I make the batch processing "Develop" the photos how I need them? Is there a way to create a develop macro?

3 hours ago, austin5091 said:

Referring to the batch processing and batch processing with macros video tutorials, he uses raw files with a macro and they come out fine.

Which tutorials?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

3 minutes ago, austin5091 said:

Simply look them up on youtube... I already disclosed the video names.

I do not see any names of any videos in anything you posted in this topic, but regardless the usual & much appreciated courtesy is to post a link to the video, not just a name.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7