You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have been loading multiple files into AP simultaneously, adjusting them and writing them out individually. It occurred to me that AP has a batch function and I decided to try to set up a batch write for all of the files currently loaded (and adjusted) in AP. When I tried what I found was that the batch dialog box seemed dedicated to processing images that are on disc and not in memory and I could find no way to batch save all of the multiple images I currently had loaded into AP.

Is there any way to batch save multiple adjusted images? Or do I have to save them individually? I suppose I could create a macro but then I would still be stuck with applying the macro to each loaded image rather than issuing a simple batch-type command to process them all at once.

UPDATE:

Just to be clear, this would involve "saving" in the sense that an image would be written out in the requested format. That is, the image would be exported to whatever format is requested, given the acceptable format types for AP. In this case I was trying to export the images as psd files although I might have wanted to export them as jpgs.

Hi Mike

Batch processing only works on files from disc at this stage. There is no functionality for processing currently opened files. If you are performing all the same edits to the images then you can save these steps as a macro (as long as they are compatible with macros) and apply the macro in the batch process

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Mike

Batch processing only works on files from disc at this stage. There is no functionality for processing currently opened files. If you are performing all the same edits to the images then you can save these steps as a macro (as long as they are compatible with macros) and apply the macro in the batch process

Thanks

In my case I performed different adjustments on each open image and wanted to export them all with a simpler work process than going through a dozen or more images and exporting each one separately. I tried to create a macro to do that but the macro recorder apparently could not record using the export dialog box.