You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pencil Tool: close path & allow redrawing sections

Hi,

I am not sure if this is possible, yet so I post it here rather than in feature request right now.

One of the things when drawing with a tablet, that I miss coming from illustrator is the following:

• When you use the pencil tool in Illustrator to draw shapes with a tablet/mouse and come back to the starting point (or in very close proximity to it), the path auto closes, which is the desired behavior in my opinion.
  • When you have a shape selected and trace close to its curve with the pencil tool, you don't draw a new shape (as you do in Affinity Designer right now) but instead modulate/shape the existing selected path. This is awesome because it allows you to simply redraw/change sections of a path using your tablet (very useful if you do hand drawn style illustrations).

Are any of these features already there and I just missed them?

Thanks!