You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I opened a new file in AP and set the size to A5 at 300 DPI for Print.

I would like to load an image that is about 4000 pixels by 3000 pixels.  Obviously, only a small part of the image shows with the above settings.  

How do I shrink (resample?) the image so that it mostly fits in the chosen space?  Thanks.

File-->Place the file.

Scale the image layer down to your canvas size or the size you need on the A5 canvas. Then right-mouse click the layer, and rasterize. You will now have an image at the required 300ppi and ~2480 width pixel resolution.

Use pixel alignment and turn on snapping to align the image to the borders of your A5 canvas.

I would:

Image size: set bigger dimension to 21 cm, 300 dpi, Lanczos resample

After that crop extra

Canvas size: 14,8 cm X 21 cm, unlock aspect ratio.

That way you can control resample method. Of course if you want to set crop manually you have to adjust this method.

I would:

Image size: set bigger dimension to 21 cm, 300 dpi, Lanczos resample

After that crop extra

Canvas size: 14,8 cm X 21 cm, unlock aspect ratio.

That way you can control resample method. Of course if you want to set crop manually you have to adjust this method.

The bigger dimension is already at 21 cm.  I set that when New File was chosen.  When I do a Lanczos Resample, nothing happens.

I've made some progress.  Without stretching or squeezing the image, I got it sized down to mostly fit on the correctly sized canvas.  Part of it hangs over the left edge of the canvas.  I tried to crop it off but the crop tool only works on the visible part of the image.  How can I cut off the invisible part of the image that extends over the edge of the canvas?