You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dear community,

I am facing some problems with some RAW files that have high light exposure and get some tendency for the sky to burn out. When I open the RAW file in Affinity Photo develop persona (v.1.5.1 Mac) I get some purple skies I do not get when opening the file with Apple preview or Photoshop. Also the ready made JPEG does not show any purples in the sky. 

Are there any adjustments that can be done to fix this problem?

I am using Panasonic Lumix GX 80 / GX 85 / GX 7 Mark II however it is called in different countries. See the screenshots below in the upper left corner. 

post-53978-0-81826300-1489083523_thumb.png

post-53978-0-24686000-1489083536_thumb.png

Thanks !

• Staff

Hi Patryk,

Welcome to the forums.

The Panasonic GX80/85 GX7 are on our supported RAW list but not the Mk2. In the Develop persona, select the  Assistant button on the top tool menu. You can try turning the assistant off altogether or just options like the Tone Curve. You can also switch the RAW engine from ours (Serif Labs) to Apple's (Core Image), these will require the RAW file to be reopened.

If you can PM me a link to a sample RAW file that has this issue on Dropbox or something similar, I'll also check it.

Hey Lee D, 

thank you for the heartily welcome. Actually you solved my problem. Seems to be a problem with the assistant that is given wrong tone correction on some specific shots. 

Changing from Serif Labs to Apple's Core Image eliminates the purples. Switching off the tone curve even amplifies the purple colouring. Also played around with all other options in the assistant but only way to get rid of this is change to Apple's Engine and taking out Serif Labs. 

Any chances to get this fixed with the next updates for the GX80 raw files?