You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Confused about AP rasterizing

Windows 10 AP:

Why is it necessary to rasterize an image before using Flood Selection tool (and probably others also)? Isn't an image copied/placed/opened in AP already raster? It is certainly not vector! As opposed to Designer, doesn't Photo default to images and rasters?

Example: I open an image and want to flood-select the background. The Flood Select Tool doesn't work. There is no error message. The Tool Tips in the status bar don't mention it. I can't figure why it doesn't work. Time escapes, frustration sets in. Then I remember various other posts where someone says, "Maybe you didn't rasterize the layer first??"

So I rasterize and the Flood Tool works. Why is this step necessary? If it is so important why doesn't the Help file mention it as a requirement? (I certainly did not see it in any of the Flood Tool refs in the Help file.)

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

So I rasterize and the Flood Tool works. Why is this step necessary? If it is so important why doesn't the Help file mention it as a requirement?

If it's so important, it should happen automatically wherever applicable. Automatic rasterization of Image layers is apparently already on Serif's radar.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

If it's so important, it should happen automatically wherever applicable. Automatic rasterization of Image layers is apparently already on Serif's radar.

And another thing! How come I didn't guess that Alfred would have long ago already handled this?!?  LOL

:lol:    :o

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop