You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot separate duplicated groups

Hey guys/gals, christovw66 here again with a quick question,

I've created a relatively simple logo/icon which is composed of 12 layers.

After grouping all 12 layers, I then duplicated the original image 10 times - so they are stacked on top of each other (can plainly see them in the layers panel.

My problem: when I attempt to click and drag the topmost image (group of layers), the entire 'stack' moves. I'm nearly 100% sure it's something I'm either not doing, or doing incorrectly.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Christo

Hi christovw66,

are all the layers hi-lightened in the layers panel? If they are then they will move together. Try selecting just the one you want to move in the layers panel or maybe un-group them.

I have attached an image showing what I mean. Sorry if I'm telling you how to something you already know.

post-47355-0-40833200-1487394446_thumb.jpg

Motto - STUPID HURTS!

Thanks Timespider, sorry I'm so delayed in my response.

I will try again tomorrow, but I'm 99.9% sure I had only one group highlighted/selected in the layers panel. It is possible however that I neglected to select the very topmost group when attempting the click/drap op.

Appreciate your help!

-Christo

Thanks Timespider, sorry I'm so delayed in my response.

I will try again tomorrow, but I'm 99.9% sure I had only one group highlighted/selected in the layers panel. It is possible however that I neglected to select the very topmost group when attempting the click/drap op.

Appreciate your help!

-Christo