You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, 

I have a font I want to italicize that I only have the plain and bold variants of.

I started looking for a font online then though I might be able to just distort the existing textbox.

I cant figure out how to do that- 

Is there a way?

I'm in the draw persona and have a single word in the "Frame Text Tool"

Hi, 

I have a font I want to italicize that I only have the plain and bold variants of.

I started looking for a font online then though I might be able to just distort the existing textbox.

I cant figure out how to do that- 

Is there a way?

I'm in the draw persona and have a single word in the "Frame Text Tool"

Welcome to the forum.

There is a dirty cheat. It works like this:

• use the font tool to enter your text 
  • then select your text by dragging the cursor over your letters, it should highlight it with a blue background
  • Whilst the bounding box (the thin blue line and circles that surrounds the selected text) is visible: you will see two circles (nodes) connected with a line, that rises like a vertical dumb bell, from the top line
  • move you cursor very slowly and hover it over that vertical line
  • your cursor will change into a pair of left and right arrows (like a red indian fight :P)
  • drag the cursor/line to the left or right
  • job done

Hope that helps

peter

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Thats actually Exactly the control I was looking for!

note to the AD design team:

If you were to put an extra blue circle in the middle of the line - then people would naturally click it to see what it does.

I did this for the Size circle that hovers below and to the right, and I also did this for the white rotation circle up top.

Other things I tried:

Hovering over the top left and top right corner and seeing if any key modifiers worked there to shear

Hovering over the rotate circle to see if a key modifier would shear

From a UI perspective, I like what you did with it and where it is now, I would just add the tiniest parallelogram symbol to draw attention to the functionality.

Thanks for the quick reply on the forum!

AD is awesome!

You're welcome basementjack. I actually found this out by accident: maybe Affinity should be called Serendipity.

We have some great talent in this forum, seek it out and offer your pearls of wisdom...Share the pumpkin love.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111