You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher - Data Import

I think it must be possible, like in Indesign, to import content via XML or to update it.

Better would be a direct API with which you get content in Publisher.

Do you know what I mean?

Especially with large catalogue publications it can't be insert content via copy and paste. 

That's 90's style ;)

+1

As well, tagged text--but not the verbose ID-type of tagged text but rather the QXP syntax.

Both XML and tagged text have advantages over each other. For most of the content creation from a database I do, I have switched over to exporting tagged text, as well as creating tagged text using macros from Word documents.

Either or both of those methods would be welcomed by me.

Not an employee--obviously.

A road-map for Publisher doesn't exist yet and doubt it will at least until a beta is available. As such, there also isn't any sneak peak either. And in the main, I think that XML and/or tagged text import won't be in the initial release. I would be happily surprised if it is, but I think the initial release will be relatively bare-bones from other responses Serif personnel have made.

Doesn't mean that Patrick or another Serif person won't comment, but I wouldn't hold my breath awaiting a reply.