You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When opening an original photo with a ratio of 2:3 and I select the crop tool. Having forgotten about this unlucky standard setting of unproportional rezising I change the ratio to something unwanted other than 2:3. Switching the crop mode now to "original ratio" does not switch back to the original picture dimension of 2:3 ratio but just keeps this mistakenly edited crop dimension from the step before and fixes it. Is this a bug or a feature?

This way one has to rollback protocol until point of mistakenly changed crop or one need to know the exact doc ratio of the original file to enter ratio manually (great!).

Next issue: custom presets do not work! They can be edited but except the first new entry they can not be selected. If selected the dimensions are not executed. The whole individual preset stuff seems to be screwed. I entered a couple of standard new ratios to the panel. Watch the video and see how the mode setting does whatever it likes to afterwards: https://youtu.be/w2CSFy1hTkE

Cheers, Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

• 4 weeks later...

Hm, I posted this a month ago ... the video obviously shows more than "strange" behaviour .. but it does not seem to be worth a comment by serif staff ... Does not really make me feel that constructive bug reporting is appreciated in any way ... Frankly spoken: other people get paid good money for doing the same job as all the voluntary supporters and bug reporters do here on the forum ... I'm seriously disappointed it's not even worth a feedback!

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

Hi Timo,

I know it can be frustrating at times not getting feedback (especially when there are tons of 'add animation features' requests with the same amount of replies), I have experienced that feeling myself, but now I don't mind too much. There a lot of posts on the forums and more often than not, threads can go unnoticed. A bump can help, so here it is ;)

That said, I tried to replicate the issues you mentioned, but everything is working fine and goes as expected here, both for the back n forth with the 2:3 ratio and for storing the settings.

Not sure what else to add, hopefully having bumped the thread will catch some moderator's attention.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch