You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 18.08.2017 at 2:16 AM, imagegod said:

I have Affinity Windows (1.5.2.69) and Filter Forge 6 (6.009) and I can neither get Filter Forge to work (see attached error message), nor can I delete Filter Forge in order to update the connection in Affinity without a crash (see attached).

Any help in regards to getting this to work would be greatly appreciated...thanks! 

Filter Forge Error Message.JPG

FF Unhandled Exception Crash.JPG

Yes, we're working on it, but there's lack of information about the issue. Our tester cannot reproduce the error: Filter Forge seems to work fine under the new Affinity's update. Can you please give us more details?

What is the resolution of the jpeg you try to process?

Can you send us this jpeg?

What did you want to do with it?

Hope we'll be able to solve this problem soon.

On 19.08.2017 at 8:11 PM, Cronicm said:

Will someone please tell me how to get Filter Forge plug-ins to work in the MAC version of Affinity Photo. I have AP version 1.5.2 and FF version 6.009 Profesional version.  I have manually created an alias for the FF universal plugin and placed it in the AP folder.  I also created an alias for Nik Collection in the same AP plug-in folder.  Nik Collection works fine, but Filter Forge is not recognized as a plug-in.  I have read all the posts and tried multiple things.  I understand this works on the Windows version of AP, but I want an answer for the MAC version from the developers at Affinity.  Just tell me it is coming in the next version, or how to install a work around in this version.  It is quite annoying to have to read all the post on AP and FF in order to understand that this issue is receiving the official finger pointing from both development teams.  

Michael

We do not support the Mac version of Affinity Photo officially. Still we heard that some users made Filter Forge work there.

Thanks so much for the reply! The resolution! (Newbie knocks palm-against-head). Of course, it was the resolution! I own the basic edition of Filter Forge 6 and it only allows smaller files...which, much to my photographic joy, works perfectly! 

I have problems with my memory (I mean my physical, human memory), so it's not strictly stupidity on my part. In any case, your quick reply is very much appreciated! I'm a long time photoshop user and I'm learning to love Affinity. I'm very grateful for the software and for your help. 

All the best! 

10 hours ago, Filter Forge said:

What is the resolution of the jpeg you try to process?

On 23.08.2017 at 0:04 AM, imagegod said:

Thanks so much for the reply! The resolution! (Newbie knocks palm-against-head). Of course, it was the resolution! I own the basic edition of Filter Forge 6 and it only allows smaller files...which, much to my photographic joy, works perfectly! 

I have problems with my memory (I mean my physical, human memory), so it's not strictly stupidity on my part. In any case, your quick reply is very much appreciated! I'm a long time photoshop user and I'm learning to love Affinity. I'm very grateful for the software and for your help. 

All the best! 

Thank you for the reply, now we know what was wrong. Our tester was confused because his Professional edition worked fine. :)

All the best to you.