You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity lock up, filling in a panorama

• Staff

Hi kieff6970,

Welcome to the forums.

It could be related to the overall size of the panorama,  can you provide a Dropbox link or similar to the images that make up your panorama image so I can test them. Can you also confirm which OS you're running.

I do not understand the reply ( what is a dropbox link) anyway I have since been able to try the inpaint brush on a panorama (blank areas) and the results were disappointing and I just cropped em out, non of these content aware devices ever work with complicated background images they only cope with simple infills. Also I have been trying to see how to sign my work with a copyright character and then fade it, very easy in SppX8 can't find anything in the Help file...not impressed!

I do not understand the reply ( what is a dropbox link) anyway 

A link to"https://www.dropbox.com"allows for the exchange / up & downloads of larger files - so one can look at your problem and solve it.

Mac print publishing X-Press & Adobe hostage, cooking on extrem high level, subscribing with joy to US Cooks Illustrated & Foreign Affairs, the british Spectator and the swiss Weltwoche - absolute incompatible publications 

Also I have been trying to see how to sign my work with a copyright character and then fade it

You can fade any layer via the Opacity control in the Layers panel.

very easy in SppX8

I'm not sure whether you're referring to *.Spp files as created by Serif PhotoPlus X8, but (apart from the current lack of an 'Insert Character' feature for adding a copyright symbol) I don't think it's difficult in Affinity Photo.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thank you all for your kind assistance, I am getting to grips with this now and will have a new panorama file completed in this magical box of tricks very soon, having to fit in with Racing and football, best money spent this Year, yes I have been a Serif man for a long time, this will put them at top of the tree...Ho Ho