You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Well, I have used Serif products for many years and, until now, been very satisfied. But Affinity Photo is giving me problems and I'm thinking of reverting to PhotoPlus.

I have a decently specified laptop running Windows 10 64 bit.

My complaints are first that it is very slow to boot up, second and most important, it is unstable and all too often I'm working on a picture and suddenly get the "not responding" message. I have noticed that one of the first indications that the program has stuck is that the crop icon is "faded out". Another thing which may just be a coincidence is that landscape photos seem to be more likely to freeze than, for example, pictures of people.

Anybody else have these problems?

• Staff

Hi shiphayhill,

Welcome to the forums.

On my Windows 10 system Affinity Photo takes around 7 to 8 seconds to load to the Welcome screen, which isn't too bad. My system is nothing special Intel i3-4130 @ 3.40 with 8GB of RAM running Windows 10 64Bit. Have you noticed when you get the "Not Responding" if you are doing something particular in the app or using the same tool, are there any other apps running in Windows that may be interfering with ours.