You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Focus Stacking using Layers

Hi, maultierhirsch,

I also think so. Then you could also hide a mismatched image or adjust accordingly.
But first you have to stack 100%. Is not very sharp at the moment.  See here and up  http://lumix-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=36237&p=455813&sid=ef9cd86e6c1a56652cf2294a83f4ede7#p455813
Beautiful holidays.
greeting

Germany, Affinity Photo WIN 1.7 , LR6, WIN10

• Staff

It would be very useful if the app would not blend the different images into one layer but instead used all images with layer masks. Therefore if the blending needs some tweaking, you could actually to more it easily.

It's not the same as a layered output, but the Sources panel allows you to tweak the final result - when the focus merge finishes it populates with all of your source images, allowing you to clone from any of them into the final composite. You could even clone onto a new pixel layer to do it non-destructively.

See this video for more info, I hope it's helpful: Focus Merge: Retouching

https://vimeo.com/192632435

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

• Staff

Ah, I've just noticed both of you are running Windows. There's a bug in the current public build (45 I believe) where the sources panel does not appear automatically after a focus merge or HDR merge.

For the time being, once your focus merge completes, you can go to View>Studio>Sources to bring up the panel, then select the Clone brush tool (see the linked video above which will talk you through the process).

I believe this issue is fixed in the current customer beta if you wanted to try that - otherwise, an official update will correct the issue. Hope that helps!

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials