You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I just loaded version 1.5.1 of Affinity Photo on a Mac Mini. When I try to open a raw file from my Cannon T2i, file type CR2, Photo crashes every time.

I am able to load jpegs just fine. 

Is there some setting or configuration parameter I need to set in order to be able to add those files?

• Staff

Hi Dale,

Thanks for the file. It's opening for me without issues both in Photo 1.5.1 (MAS) as well as in the latest Beta (1.5.2 Beta 2). I believe this is something specific to your Photo installation. Have you tried to open it in the Beta? Also can you please attach the crash report here. It may contain some useful information. Here's how to get it.

Hi,

I know that the Canon T2i isn't a new model but DMF indicated "he's" using Mac OS 10.7.5, which is old by Apple standards. My Mac Mini running Yosemite caused Affinity Photo 1.5.1 to crash when trying to open and develop my Canon 80D images. It would happen every time until I reset Affinity Photo to use Serif Labs' RAW Engine in the Develop Assistant tool. I had it set to Apple's RAW engine from my older Canon camera setup. Perhaps DMF might reset Affinity Photo to use Serif Labs' RAW Engine?

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!