Sign in to follow this  
psiclone

DrawPlus vs Designer

What's the main difference in these two programs?  They're both made by Serif, so I'm stuck wondering why I would use one vs the other.  Should they not be combined?

If for no other reason, the Plus products will never be updated as development has ceased.

I personally find AD to be easier to use. I work with type a lot and while there are certain things that I would like to see added and changed in the future, I find setting type is easier in AD, more intuitive. The brushes and other effects (like noise one can add to a color) are top-notch, even in such a new application.

But there are also niggles in my view that while are surmountable--like PDF output--should be easier/better than it is currently.

Here's the thing. Once there is a trial version, do install and try doing the types of things you create and compare for yourself.

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

I own both, but I don't use either enough to really see the true differences.  The thing that worries me most is why we have so much fragmentation along the Serif line.  That's a big problem for designers.

There is no "Serif line." There is no fragmentation if one views the Plus line as a dead product and the Affinity line as a new product line. Development doesn't overlap so they are not divergent lines of products. The Affinity line isn't a rebadged Plus line. IThe Affinity products are a fresh start with a lot of experience behind them.

Mike

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.