You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Media browser pain!

The Media Browser does not appear to recognize all vector ai or eps images that you have stored, it only seems to show the odd one or two but seems to only want to show jpeg images. I have a reasonably large number of vector images. Also the browser has no way of filtering by category i.e showing say only jpeg images or eps/ai or svg etc etc and does not show all images at once in those folders and sub folders. By this I mean that it will only show images by clicking every single image folder and so you have to troll through every folder and sub folder to see what in it. This is hugely time consuming and frustrating. 

I have looked to see if I have missed any preference setting etc but as far as I can see there is no way to get it to recognize content of all folders and sub folders as does Adobe Bridge.

It would be a real time saver to follow the example of Adobe Bridge instead of having to go through every folder and sub folder to find something. Come on Guy's please look at this again, a designers time is precious.

As AP is in Beta 1.5.0 (RC4) at the moment, maybe this is a good time to sort this before final release.

• Staff

Hi Raymond.

The Media Browser is indeed much more limited than Adobe Bridge. It wasn't intended to be a full fledged media browser but more of a quick way to access common Apple libraries like iPhoto, Apple Photos, Aperture etc and a few folders you may add to it. It's based on third party code. Just give the dev teams some time. Hopefully there will be improvements and/or a better alternative/option in the future.

• 2 weeks later...