You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

curve layer blocks adjustment layers in group?

If i create a group with a bunch of adjustment layers in it, each one masked with a curve layer itself and then just add a curve layer to that group, all adjustment layers become invisible (in the picture). Is that an intended behavior?

OK, I think I got it:
If you have a group of adjustment layers and one "image" layer inside the group (let's call it "I") and one "image" layer (let's call it "O") outside the group, then only layer "I" is affected, as long as it is below the adjustment layers.
If you put "I" below the group, then "I" and "O" are affected. Thes same if you put "I" and "O" inside the group.

If only "I" is inside the gruop but above the adjustment layers, neither "I" nor "O" are affected.

group adjustments.afphoto

• Staff

Hi maxen,

Thanks for the details. Yes, this is by design. A group of adjustment layers affect layers outside the group as long as there's no pixel data inside the group. In these circumstances the thumbnail of the adjustments group change to a folder since there's nothing to process inside the group. As soon as you move an image/pixel layer inside it the adjustments will affect that layer only and the group thumbnail in the Layers panel should update to the processed image to reflect that change.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.