You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush crosshair

Hi, I have no way to keep the brush crosshair always on, no matter which option combination  I select in preferences "Show brush preview/Always show brush crosshair". The behaviour is very inconsistent. Sometimes it works fine but whenever I change the brush size or switch to another tool,  the crosshair simply dissapears. 

Hi IMM

Welcome to the forums

The crosshair does show if you have the option selected. This will only show for brush based tools. If you reduce the size of the brush it does disappear as there is not enough room inside the circle to display it, but if you zoom into the image you will see it re-appear as the visual space increases

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi IMM

Welcome to the forums

The crosshair does show if you have the option selected. This will only show for brush based tools. If you reduce the size of the brush it does disappear as there is not enough room inside the circle to display it, but if you zoom into the image you will see it re-appear as the visual space increases

Hi, thanks for your reply. Thie crosshair dissapears regardless the brush size. The mouse arrow shows instead of the crosshair. I'm using a Wacom tablet, don`t know if this has something to do with this issue.

I'm using a Wacom tablet, don`t know if this has something to do with this issue.

It could do.  I have a Wacom and was playing with this yesterday.  At one point I got the cross hairs to show on my pen but I had to disable Windows Ink to do it.  But disabling Windows Ink stops any pen pressure settings from working on my PC in AP.  So I gave up. 

Will probably look at this again only when the final product is released as the cross hairs are not that important to me.

PS I also have a mouse attached to this PC and the mouse, yesterday, displayed the cross hairs correctly but with all my mucking about yesterday I seem to have broken that, as today I get no cross hairs when using the mouse 

Like I said not important to me at this time but it may help you investigate this further

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Just got my cross hairs back (not sure how) but for the Pen they only work consistently when I disable Windows Ink. (But that stops the Pen pressure from working, for me)

Interestingly, if I reenable Windows Ink and use the Mouse to start drawing I get the cross hairs, I can then pick up my Pen and continue working on the document and the cross hairs will remain but as soon as I move the cursor off the document to (e.g.) a menu I lose the cross hairs and they don't come back when the Pen is returned to the document.  I have to reuse the mouse to reactivate the cross hairs and then the Pen will work with them again. (Just adding that information for the Developers, if it helps)

One more thing to add is that the cross hairs do NOT appear if your brush size it too small and/or you have zoomed out of the document a lot.  I think this is by design rather than a bug.  But just be aware of this when trying to fix this problem on your PC and always use a big brush size whilst testing stuff.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.