You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wrong lens

This is not a very important bug, until someday there is a "Lens Profile" correction in Develop.... which I hope.

My Sigma 17-50 f/2.8 lens is recognized as a "Canon EFS-17-55 f/2.8" lens.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

• Staff

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply. I've had a look at some example files shot using that lens and most display the correct lens. One didn't display correctly but when looking at the file it was missing quite a lot of EXIF data.

Any chance of you attaching the file so I can look into why we might be showing an incorrect lens?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

You don't have to apologize, I can easily imagine you have enough work to keep you busy....

I made some research and found out that this is a frequent problem with Sigma lenses (and some others too). With this lens mounted on my Canon 80D camera the exif only shows "17-50 mm"  as for the lens ID. None of the program I have, including PS and Lightroom, have the right ID of that lens. So AP is not the only one having problem with it, but it's the only one that show a "Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8.IS USM" lens The exif data could probably be diffent when mounted on a different camera, but I can live with that.

I can upload a 32 Mb RAW file if you still need it, but I don't think it will be useful.

Thanks for your concern.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.