You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug: AFPhoto, 1.5.0.37 -- Right-click on layer only displays for a split second

I don't know if this has been reported yet, but in AFPhoto 1.5.0.37, when I right-click on a layer in the layer panel, the dialogue appears for a split second then disappears, with no opportunity to interact with it. 

This is on Windows 7 x64 with all current updates, Core i5 3320M notebook CPU, 8 GB RAM, Intel GMA 4000. 

Ah hah! figured out the exact steps to reproduce the problem. It appears to be related to having the Character studio panel open, while the Layers panel is moved out of its standard docking position.

I started by reloading the app and removing all current config items by holding CTRL and clearing all selections. 

To reproduce: 

1. Open any image in ADPhoto with multiple layers. 
  2. Go to View -> Studio and select the "Characters" panel
  3. While the Characters panel is open and visible, move the Layers panel out of its default position. Doesn't have to be on a secondary monitor, just has to be moved out of its standard docking location. 
  4. While the Characters panel is open and visible, and the Layers panel is moved out of its default docking position, try right-clicking on a layer in the Layers panel. 

Took a new video to demonstrate.

This has fairly obvious consequences for people wanting to move their panels off to a second monitor, which is how I stumbled on to the problem in the first place.   :)

ADPhoto-bug--part3-1-5-0-37.wmv

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.