You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The arrow of the tool is not displayed in the graphic tablet

Hello,

I've been using Affinity Designer since the first beta and I'm thrilled.

I work with both mouse and graphics tablet. What I noticed is that the mouse, when I use it, the respective tools synonymous with the cursor is displayed.

If I use the graphics tablet, however, the cursor, no matter which tool I use, always remains the simple arrow. Now my question: Will Affinity Designer also be adapted to the use of graphics tablets?

I apologize for my bad English.

Greetings from Vienna

Alexandra

• Staff

Hey Alexandra,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums.

This is something I have been noticing more and more. I've checked our logged issues and there is something very similar already reported but it currently doesn't have a fix.

I've bumped the report with your forum post so development can take a look. This is an issue that I have experienced quite a bit with simply drawing lines in the app. 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

If it helps,

I have found that turning off "Use Windows Ink" resolves a number of problems in AD 1.5 for Windows. Such as the tool icons not displaying properly when using the Wacom stylus and this also enables the pens buttons to work as well, which was my major issue. See path below.

Control Panel > Wacom Tablet Properties > Mapping > Turn off Use Windows Ink.

• Staff

Disabling 'Use Windows Ink' seems to fix the issue of the white mouse pointer being used for the brushes for me. You have to ensure Pressure is enabled from the context toolbar for the Controller and make sure you are using a brush that has a noticeable amount of width. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.