You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Difference between Affinity Designer and DrawPlus for Windows?

Hello excuse my English.

The current version of DrawPlus is updated?
Affinity Designer will be the replacement of DrawPlus?
Is there a difference between the two versions?
When Affinity designer for Windows is stable, the price will change?

Thank you very much for your answer.

• Staff

Miltrin,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

Hello excuse my English.

No need to apologise for you excellent English. Please feel free to post in your native language if you prefer (though we will use Google translate to understand it)

The current version of DrawPlus is updated?

DrawPlus will not be updated again, no. X8 is the last version.

Affinity Designer will be the replacement of DrawPlus?
Is there a difference between the two versions?

Serif DrawPlus and Affinity Designer are different programs and do not share the same features. Affinity Designer is an illustration program that has been written new, from scratch, and does not share any code with DrawPlus. We have designed Affinity Designer from the ground up to and consequently it already has many features that we were never able to put into DrawPlus. Equally there are some features of DrawPlus have not been added to Affinity Designer yet. Some features like animation that do not fit in the concept of what Affinity Designer is will most likely not be added.

We would suggest before you purchase that you look at the existing features of Affinity Designer and the vast array of video tutorials (and the roadmap of features that are coming) and decide if the software is right for you.

When Affinity designer for Windows is stable, the price will change?

Thank you very much for your answer.

We aim to keep the price of the Windows version in sync with the Mac version of Affinity Designer. This currently means a one off payment of £39.99, $49.99, €49.99.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Is there a resource somewhere to show how to do things in Affinity Designer that I'm used to doing in DrawPlus?

For example, I just found out there is no trace feature.  But how about PhotoLab and Cutout studio?  

And I am used to pressing ctrl-x to enable the crop tool which now does not have a hotkey.

While I am interested in the answers to these specific questions,  I don't want to have to come to the forum for every DrawPlus missing-or-equivalent feature I run into.

Is there a help file or video or somesuch that has all these.  It would make it much easier for DrawPlus users to cope with this Mac-inspired "improvement".  Back in the day, Microsoft offered help to ease WordPerfect defectors over to msWord.  That's the kind of thing I'm looking for since the jump from DrawPlus to Designer seems to be an equivalently wide span.

I just purchased Designer and I am trying to decide whether to take advantage of the 14-day return and need some help.  I don't want to have to use Designer + DrawPlus (to fill in the gaps) very long.

Thanks.