You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New install, 2 problems

I just downloaded and installed new windows beta

Running on win7pro-1 x64

Download and install (tho from others I expected some issues) went smoothly after auto update .net 4.6.2

Affinity Photo opens and runs OK. Works with panels on monitor #2. Found how to move tools from left screen edge.

Being familiar with Ps, most things look familiar.

Some things worked OK but I stopped trying when 2 items did nothing:

- magic wand tool to make selection based on colors = nothing happens (tho select all and rectangular selection work OK)

- eye dropper tool does not select a color (I'll re-read as I saw video on how it works)

- did not find a default colors ('d' or 'x' for B&W 4gnd bkgnd) and 'no color' (red slash) turns on, but not off (not a toggle).

I'll play more and read more of this forum to learn more

Doug.S

Hi Doug

With the Flood Selection Tool, make sure you are clicking in place rather than clicking and dragging as this alters the tolerance. therefore you can accidentally set this to 0 so nothing get selected!

The eye dropper from the colour panel does select a colour, however it does not apply that colour until you click on the well next to it. The app should also have a separate eye dropper with the tools. This is currently missing, but when implememtned it should allow you to choose if a color is applied when selected

There is no set shortcut to reset default colours, however in the Keyboard shortcuts section of the preferences menu there is a shortcut entry for you to assign your own if you wish. This can be found in the miscellaneous section of the shortcuts

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.