You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Affinity Designer][Exporting] Group exported items, color coding

After working with AD to export stuff for a mobile app, I came to the conclusion this would be a must. It's really difficult to navigate between lots of different things and not be able to organize them, and so it would be cool to have:

1. Layer/Export item color coding (like ps)

2. Export item grouping, to keep things tidy. setting a "Path" variable on this could be cool because it would allow for all items in this group to be exported in the path specified in the variable, without having to resort to "funky naming" like "mainfolder/subfolder"

UI and UX designer extraordinaire, dad, avid Destiny player, and generally striving for decency.

2. Export item grouping, to keep things tidy. setting a "Path" variable on this could be cool because it would allow for all items in this group to be exported in the path specified in the variable, without having to resort to "funky naming" like "mainfolder/subfolder"

I do agree, the naming pattern feature currently available is great and if extended to new features could be a dream.

Today Slice Studio is a list of items, but it could be cool to manipulate these as we do with layers making collapsible groups (with colours), adding a search field.

All these are things I'd appreciate a lot in the future.

For 1.6.x update I'll be happy enough with a couple of improvements:

• Slice Studio faster and snappier while scrolling (with 150+ items it becomes very slow...)
  • A simple stupid command like "Find Slice in Panel", or the simultaneous Slice selection (canvas and list)

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers