You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashing while using pen tool to draw complex curves

Hi. I've been experimenting with the latest (.26) Affinity Designer RC the past few days and have a recurring issue where AD crashes while I am drawing complex curves with the pen. It seems to usually happen after I've drawn and copied a curve several times, and then try to draw another one connected to those. Situations like in the image below.

hdM8HP2.png

I didn't notice this happening on the previous RC but I also didn't use it nearly as much as this one.

I'm using:

Win 10 64 bit

core i5-4690S with integrated intel GPU

16 gb ram 

ssd

Love the program, can't wait for the final release!

• Staff

Hi diopside,

After its crashed do you receive a message saying a crash report has been sent along with a long alpha-numeric reference number? If so could you post a screenshot of that message after it has crashed please? We can then development to investigate your crash report and see what might be the cause.

Unfortunately no. I've never actually seen a crash reporting prompt... (maybe I accidentally disabled reporting?). It just gives the generic "Affinity Designer has crashed and must close" dialog and the app becomes unresponsive. Then when I re-open it usually asks if I want to try to recover my unsaved work. Nothing about reporting. 

Wish I could be of more help... I will update with more info if I get any.

• Staff

Unfortunately no. I've never actually seen a crash reporting prompt... (maybe I accidentally disabled reporting?). It just gives the generic "Affinity Designer has crashed and must close" dialog and the app becomes unresponsive. Then when I re-open it usually asks if I want to try to recover my unsaved work. Nothing about reporting. 

Wish I could be of more help... I will update with more info if I get any.

Ahh that's a shame - the crash reporting cannot be disabled so there's nothing you've done there. Some crashes just don't get caught. :( Could you go to %appdata%\Affinity\Designer\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports\ and see if there are any files there please? If so could you zip them up and attach to the forum please!

Thanks

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.