You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity designer: Any good for multi-page ?

I bought Affinity photo still not sure about designer, I don't have much text but I can't figure out how to do basic stuff like use bullets or wrap text around a foto, things that even pages does with ease. Where are these hidden? 

Also if I decide to buy designer as I really want to help in your further developing this software as I don't like the adobe policy. Is the 20% off in the App Store already?

Can I get Publisher Beta version and I will buy the product when ready?

These are not hidden. To wrap text around a foto you have to create the needed curve (with substract) and convert it into a text frame before. Bullets are on the roadmap (free update). You can do it manually or copy the prepared texts from other apps.

Still 20% for the MAP version of AD for a short time.

You can get Publisher Beta next year.

How do I export 20 photos at once in export Persona for web. i don't want to save each manually. 

If your photos are in one document: Generate slices (automatically with one click) and export them with another click. Before: Tell ADesigner your needed resampling etc.

If this is not working on your computer, use the Beta.

HTH

• Staff

Hi kidoextrem,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

As Oval already pointed out you can generate slices for each object/layer/group automatically in the Layers panel (in Export Persona). Just select them and press Create Slice on the bottom right.

For more information about how to use the Export Persona please check the 11. Saving, exporting and sharing section from the In-house Designer Video Tutorials thread.

This are multiple documents, each foto is one document. I just need to select them all and export to pdf. The slices only work for the same document as I would make 3 photos from one. I need to select 20 documents /photos and export them. I tried to upload a print screen so I can better explain but it does not work. 

• Staff

It's only available in Photo 1.5 Beta where its being introduced for the first time. You can access it through File ▸ New Bach Job... but Photo 1.5 is still being worked on/in development.

Remember to keep the Affinity Photo 1.4.3 installed (Mac App Store version) since its needed to validate/run the Beta in case you decide to try it.