You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to get rid of the emojis dialog?!

OMG, I wanted to make a mirrored image, using symbols, but couldn't remember even the word 'symbols'. Finally remembered it and used the search bar - the only thing I could find in the menus was 'Emijos and symbols'.

Turns out that wasn't what I wanted at all, and now I am being PLAGUED by the Emojis dialog which keeps appearing literally EVERY time I click ANYTHING! 

It just keeps coming back! And I just keep clicking the close button! And it just keeps coming back!

How do I make it go away?!

Please?

Thanks

Wayne

post-754-0-76896300-1476316378_thumb.png

Thanks PixelPest - it's actually gone now, since restarting, but I'm not sure that your fix would work - it's the whole panel that kept appearing. If I unchecked emojis I would just have some other dingbats appearing on the panel. I simply couldn't find a way to get the entire dialog to stop appearing.

That panel appeared because I selected "Emojis and Symbols' from the menu in Affinity. That panel closed when I pressed its close button, but that panel reappeared with almost every click I made inside Affinity only. It did not ever reappear if I clicked in Finder, Desktop, Safari etc, only when I clicked in Affinity. So while it is driven by the OS, it definitely thought that it was quite strongly related to Affinity at that particular time.

The Emojis and Symbols window opens & closes on a per app basis. In other words, if you open it from the Edit menu or by using the system wide keyboard shortcut for it in two different apps, closing it in one app does not close it in the other.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7