You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi!

I would like to know which application is better for me.  Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo.

I'm creating many "documents" for my work, such as Facebook headers, posters for activities, etc.  I'm not an artist but I know pretty well how to work with images and pictures.  So, I work with what I found on the web, I don't create drawings by myself.  

Any advices ? 

Thanks

• Staff

Hi bernierpa,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Both apps are able to do what you want but Designer offers a few features/tools that you may find important that are not available in Photo in particular text-on-a-path, text frames (wrap text inside a frame no matter its shape), Transparency Tool (to apply transparency directly to objects). Affinity Photo however offers you Filters (not available in Designer), so it's more a question of picking the one you think will better fulfil your requirements.

You can find Trials available for both programs in our website.

There's also plenty of materials to help you get started:

- In-house Video Tutorials for Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo
- The Affinity Help (menu Help ▸ Affinity Designer/Photo Help) covers extensively all the features of the each program.
- Affinity Review our ezine, also includes some in-depth written and video tutorials covering specific subjects. The PDF version doesn’t include video.
- I’ve also compiled a list of additional learning resources here, including Books, Training Courses and Third-party tutorials that may help.

Designer is more geared towards graphics. Photo is more geared towards photo correction. I haven't used Photo yet, but I understand a lot of the differences through the forum. Having more control over text, shapes, rounding corners, transparencies, and vectors, I think Designer would be a better choice for you.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I'm glad your problem is solved. You have a great day yourself.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!