You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Applying HTML colours.

Hello all. Newbie here.

Ive found most of the help I need so far from google and youtube but I can't find something so simple, how to paste HTML colours into....well, there isn't anywhere to paste to!

In Gimp, I could highlight the text I wanted to change the colour of and get a dialog box up, in this it had another box with the colour code in use, I could then delete that code and enter the html colour I wanted to use. But I can't find how to do it in Affinity. I can find the sliders but when I enter #34495e (without the hash) nothing happens.

I have tried to find the answer but alas, so here I am ☺️ 

Sorry to ask such a question but thanks in advance for any help, links or advise you can give.

Affinity photo 1.8.3   Affinity Designer  1.8.3   Affinity publisher 1.8.3 

iMac (Retina 4k,21.5-inch,late 2015) 3.3GHZ Intel core i7, Intel Iris pro Graphics 6200 1536, 16 GB Ram. (not a Mac snob)

I think what you want are RGB colors expressed as hexadecimal values. If so, change the Studio Color panel to "RGB Hex" or the context menu color mode to "RGB Hex sliders." below the sliders you will see a text box labeled #: where you can paste or type in the hex codes.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 4 months later...