You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Creating a new artboard deletes guide lines

Hi ygoe

This is actually all intentional. The default page is just a standard static non-artboard page, when when it is changed to an artboard the background changes as a visual indication to say you are now using artboards. You can change the background colour in the preferences. 

The guides are still present, but they are on the pasteboard behind the artboard itself. guides are linked to individual artbards rather than the document as a whole. If you remove the artboard and return to a static document then the guides re-appear

CHeers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi 

I am wondering why there are no guides in the artboard type of a project.

I am trying to create a small branding design and it is great to have different artboards side by side in one project - the business card, the logo and the stamp. Unfortunately guides are not showing here. Does it mean I have to copy my designs to non-artboard documents to use guides? I find artboards a very useful concept, especially an export window is great, so only guides are missing. Or I just don't know how to turn them on...

Anyway, AD is awesome.

thanks

Hi zuzaem

You can use guides on artboards. you apply them the same way by dragging from the rulers or using the guides manager. However each set of guides is linked to each artboard, so you will need to add new guides for each artboard you create rather than having an overall set of guides that affects all the artboards at once

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.