You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

exporting file to pdf x3 and overal export to pdf problem

Hello People

I have problems with expotrying file to pdf

First of all im not able to export to x3 file ( it start to export and in like 30 % turn off and pdf file dont work)

Second when i export file and import it again to affinity all black color in cmyk is not chnged to other values ....  can anyone help me with this prob ?

poprawione bez wykrojnika.pdf

barlew, your design exported to PDF/X-3 here fine. PDF opens in Acrobat or reader.

Are you making any changes to the PDF/X-3 profile before attempting to export? Have you tried rebooting the computer, then once started, opening the file and exporting?

Mike

Hi barlew

It also seems to export without a hitch for me. The only issue I encountered is if I change the rasterise option to Nothing. Is this what you are experiencing? 

As for the black colour, even though for some reason it says it is, the black is not actually 100% K (you can see this by adding a 100% K object next to it). The blacks in the PDF are reporting true black which is what the colour actually is in the afdesign file. Basically the black in the PDF is the correct black. It seems like this may been either copied in or colour converted at some point to give the odd reading

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi barlew

It also seems to export without a hitch for me. The only issue I encountered is if I change the rasterise option to Nothing. Is this what you are experiencing? 

As for the black colour, even though for some reason it says it is, the black is not actually 100% K (you can see this by adding a 100% K object next to it). The blacks in the PDF are reporting true black which is what the colour actually is in the afdesign file. Basically the black in the PDF is the correct black. It seems like this may been either copied in or colour converted at some point to give the odd reading

Cheers

thats what i do i dont want anything to be rasterised :D

Hi Barlew

This has now been reported to the development team. This seems to only affect PDF X3, so if delivery allows it, i would recommend using X4 until the issue is resolved. You may find however that some elements might not be included. There are something that the PDF format does not understand (like certain effects) so has to rasterise those elements to be able to include it, but it does not rasterise anything it does not need to. Looking at your file you already have some pixel elements in there so it's not a 100% vector document anyway

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

well i find from what u write is not true that rastarise only what it need to half of every file i create with pure vector like logo elements are saved as pixel fonts logo elements everything etc so i find this option super anoying after i choose not to raster anything than all seam to be ok with document

The file has several bitmap pieces, including the gradient background (there are two of them). As well, the QR Code and the Code 39 (I think that's what it is) were bitmaps and I redid them as vector--so the barcode may not be correct).

See the attached PDF/X-3 format. The only things that export as a bitmap are the 5 actual bitmaps in the file (the 4 Caution symbols) and the hourglass image. I would either pickup or draw out the Caution icons.

Mike

poprawione na wykrojniku-x3.pdf

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.