You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rasterizing gradients when pasting into AI

Hey!

I wasn't entirely sure if this went here, or feature requests, but I'll give it a go:

I'm required to deliver work in .ai format, but I absolutely prefer using Designer as my main tool. However, whenever I attempt to import work with gradients in it into illustrator, it becomes rasterized.

I'm not sure this is something you/Affinity can do anything about, but it really slows down my work flow when I have to remove all gradients and reapply them in illustrator, in order to use Affinity Designer for the work i need.

Attached two files: One view of an object with a gradient in Affinity (tried with app store version and the current beta) and view of illustrator. Top leaf saved in Designer as EPS and "placed," bottom leaf copied and pasted. The square to the left is the raster image added within a clipping path that happens (see the layer panel.)

Worth a shot! :) Let me know if I'm being impossible!

post-8887-0-36507300-1473327696_thumb.png

post-8887-0-53636400-1473327706_thumb.png

Hi SiljeES,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

We are aware of this issue and are looking into it. For some reason Illustrator rasterises the gradients exported from Affinity Designer. Other apps however are able to read and edit them properly.

Hey again; not sure if you are aware, but saving and importing as SVG protects the gradients, but then clipping layers no work. Just in case this was information to be had :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.