You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Font selector : Is it slow for you too ?

Hi, my name's Fred.

I'm a Creative Director in french webagency.

I'm a new user and I like affinity.

I hope it will be as strong as Fireworks for webdesign.

The question is :

Can we optimize the openning time of the font selector ?

I use it a lot, I like the direct preview on the canvas, but of course i don't like waiting each time I want to apply another font.

I'm open to new workflow too like keyboard shortcuts, panel ...

Here is a link to a video so you can see the trouble : http://cl.ly/3t142t3d0P1W/affinity-font-selector.mov

Ha! ... and I start with some shapes and gradients just to show you that's it's not because of my computer ;)

Thanks in advance

-----

2 x 2,26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

6 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC

ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB

OS X 10.9.5

And if you use a font manager (like Suitcase Fusion), go there and get the font count from it, as FontBook "ignores" any font added via Suitcase. For example, my FontBook app says I have 283 fonts installed. I know I have... a few... more than that installed via Suitcase.

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?